The ice and high-altitude touring training week of the Alpine School Garmisch is intended for all mountaineers who have already gained high-altitude touring experience and would like to further deepen and consolidate their existing knowledge in the ice and high mountains.
Here we will do crevice recovery, stand construction in the ice, refinement of the crampon technique, deepening of various pimple techniques and some beautiful tours, and also practice ice climbing in light ice tours and north faces. Eiskögele Nordwand, Eiswandbichl and Fuscherkarkopf NW-Grat are just a few examples of our goals. On the third day we pack our things and leave the beautiful hut with a heavy heart. The next 5-7 hours we approach step by step our weekly destination, the Grossglockner, which we want to climb the next day. The Erzherzog-Johann-Hütte (Adlersruhe) at 3,451m is the perfect starting point for this. Early in the morning we leave. First over simple glaciated terrain to the Glocknerleitl, a steep gully that leads us to the entrance of the rock part. From there we climb the long summit ridge until we finally reach the Kleinglockner. After a short descent into the Glocknerscharte we master the key point. Then finally we are at the highest point of Austria - the Grossglockner.
The descent once again requires all our concentration. After we have arrived back at the Adlersruhe, we take another short break and then descend further to the beautifully situated Salmhütte. Here we can review our summit victory and the wonderful week in the high mountains of Austria. On the last day we hike comfortably over the breathtaking and panoramic Wiener Höhenweg back to Franz-Josefshöhe.
• arrival and ascent to the Oberwalder Hütte
• glacier formation
• ice training
• theoretical training
• training high tour to the Erzherzog-Johann-Hütte
• ascent of the Grossglockner and descent to the Salmhütte
• descent to Franzs Josefs-Höhe
information about the course:
- duration: 5 days
- meeting point: parking lot Franz-Josefs-Höhe near Heiligenblut / Austria
- base/hut: Oberwalder Hütte / Erzherzog-Johann-Hütte / Salmhütte
- minimum number of participants: 4 participants
- cable cars:
- accommodation/meals: own drinks at the hut
- train rides: -
- other admissions:
- guided by a mountain and ski guide
- 4x overnight stay with HB in a shared room
requirements for participants:
- condition: good condition for climbs up to 1400hm per day
- technique: first high-altitude touring and glacier experience, mastery of safety technology
- miscellaneous: -
- complete high mountaineering equipment according to our equipment checklist
- country: Austria
There are no reviews yet.