Our today's destination is the Zugspitze - with 2962 meters the highest mountain in Germany! For this we have picked out the beautiful path over the Wiener-Neustädter Hütte and the "Stopselzieher-Klettersteig".
We first meet at the Zugspitzbahn at the Eibsee, where we carry out a short equipment check and the material allocation. After about 4 hours of beautiful and varied ascent we reach our first destination - the Wiener-Neustädter Hütte. During the ascent to the hut you have a wonderful view of the Eibsee. After a short rest we put on the via ferrata equipment and cross the morainal apron to the entrance of the Stopselzieher fixed rope route (category A / B). In the first section, the wire ropes and treads pass through caves and along ridges. You quickly gain height and can enjoy the via ferrata pleasure through the rugged west face of the Zugspitze to the fullest.
Arriving at the Zuspitzstation, we conquer the last wire-insured meter to the golden summit cross of the Zugspitze under the eyes of many sightseers. After the summit photo, we enjoy the afternoon sun with a cool drink and then take the cable car back to the starting point of the tour. Of course, we feel the ascent in our bones and a little sore muscles are also allowed on the following day - but the unforgettable mountain experience makes up for all that by far.
After booking the course, each participant will receive an equipment checklist and other information about the tour.
Informations about the tour:
- Duration: 1 day
- Meeting point: 6:00 am Zugspitzbahn at the Eibsee
- Minimum number of participants: 4 participants
- Extra costs:
- Mountain railways: 35,- € for downhill
- Overnight stays / meals: -
- train rides: -
- other entries: -
- Included services: Guided tour by state-certified mountain and ski guide + instruction in handling via ferrata equipment
- Included rental equipment: Complete via ferrata equipment including helmet, harness, via ferrata set
- Requirements for the participants:
- Condition: 6-8 hours ascent in alpine terrain (about 2000Hm)
- Technique: Sure-footedness, no fear of heights
- others: -
- Recommended equipment:
- ankle-high mountaineering boots
- weatherproof clothing
- light backpack
- Country: Germany / Austria