Whether Mont Blanc or Gran Paradiso, whether in Wallis or in the Bernese Oberland: everywhere you need basic knowledge of how to use crampons, ice axes and ropes. We give you the tools and knowledge to achieve your mountain goals in glacial terrain.
The mountain guide will train you in crampon techniques, walking on the glacier, clearing crevasses, etc. The Taschachhaus in the Pitztal serves as a base. Here we can find ideal training facilities. After three days of training, you will apply what you have learned under supervision. The goal is one of the surrounding 3000m.
1. Day: Arrival, greeting and equipment check, ascent to the Taschachhaus. Material science, roping on the glacier, abseiling, rope handling, knots
2. Day: Walking with crampons and ice ax, vertical and frontal crampon technique, construction of a belay stand. In the evening, instruction in orientation and meteorology.
3. Day: Holding from falls, crevasse rescue, fixed points in ice and firn, tour planning in the evening.
4. Day: Ascent to one of the surrounding 3000m peaks. Descent from the hut, farewell/return home.
Alpine dangers, material science, tour planning, meteorology orientation
Practical basics: Walking with rope and ice ax, vertical and frontal crampon technique, belay stand construction, crevasse rescue, knots, catching of falls
The Taschachhaus in Pitztal offers ideal conditions for alpine tours, ice tours and training.
- good accessibility of the hut via various ascent options
- comfortable sleeping and shower facilities
- service-oriented excellent hospitality
- organized luggage transport to the hut
- modern seminar rooms
- climbing gym
- (wireless) internet access
Crampon-compatible mountain boots can be borrowed from us for a fee. We ask for a separate reservation stating your shoe size to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the course:
duration: 4 days
meeting point: 9:00 am Hotel Gundolf in Tieflehn (near the road to Mandarfen/Mittelberg) in the Pitztal
minimum number of participants: 4 participants
- accommodation/meals: own drinks at the hut
- 4 days of training by a state-certified mountain and ski guide
- 3x overnight stays with half board in the camp
- daily packed lunch and tea
- luggage transport to the Taschachhaus
included rental equipment: crampons, ice ax, helmet, harness
requirements for the participants:
endurance: medium to good endurance
technique: secure walking on difficult alpine terrain, no fear of heights
recommended equipment: each participant receives an equipment checklist in advance