Ice climbing has become a popular sport. Since the weather conditions allow ice climbing in our latitudes for a few month in the year, mixed climbing as well as drytooling are a very effective training preparation fort he ice climbing season.
In this day course we give you an intensive insight into the special features of drytooling - i.e. climbing with ice equipment in the rock.
The following topics will be trained on this day:
- drytooling-specific material science
- presentation of the different possibilities of setting the house
- observance of the direction of tension when setting the devices
- differences in falling during drytooling vs climbing
- energy-saving climbing with ice equipment
- hand change of the ice equipment
- training with crampons
information about the course:
- duration: 1 day
- meeting point: near Garmisch
- minimum number of participants: 5 participants
- cable cars: -
- accommodation/Meals: -
- train rides: -
- other admissions: -
- included services: guided by a mountain and ski guide
- included rental equipment: drytooling equipment, crampons, climbing harness if necessary, ropes
requirements for participants:
- condition: -
- technique: Rock climbing skills in the range of VI.Grad, possibly previous knowledge in the field of ice climbing
- other: Safe mastery of safety techniques
- normal climbing equipment
- climbing shoes
- crampon-resistant mountain boots
- country: Germany
Write the first review for this item and help others make a purchase decision!
There are no reviews yet.