The Alpspitze, a racy ski tour to the landmark of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. An impressive enterprise with demanding ascent and spectacular views. Skiing on the eastern flank makes a dream come true for many mountaineers.
However, you should bring a lot of condition and skiing skills to get down the steep bottleneck in the eastern flank again. If you meet the requirements, expect a descent of almost 2000hm, half of them in the finest ski terrain.
We meet early at the counter of the Alpspitzbahn cable car and take it to the Osterfelderkopf. After the descent to the Bernadeinlift begins the real start of our ski tour. We attach the ski skins and start our ascent in the direction of the Stuibenhütte. After a few meters, we turn right towards Bernadeinspitz. Soon the terrain becomes more open and we can see our destination, the summit of the Alpspitze. We enjoy the ascent past the Stuibensee and the Bernadeinspitz into Oberkar. After a short check of the snow cover regarding the avalanche situation, we can continue to climb up to the eastern shoulder of the Alpspitze with skis and skins. From here we have a perfect view of the east flank, our later descent. The eastern ridge to the summit of the Alpspitze we do partly with skis and skins or with skis on the backpack, depending on the current conditions.
Exhausting, but finally we have reached our goal - the Alpspitze with 2628 meters. After a short summit rest, we concentrate on the descent. Individually we drive into the imposing east flank and follow the guide through the steep bottleneck. Afterwards we turn into Oberkar, where we can enjoy the snow with larger turns. The long descent over fantastically hilly terrain crowns the stunning descent towards Stuibenhütte.
Anyone who still wants to, can enter- after a short ascent - the rustic Stuibenhütte. Here we end a satisfying and eventful day of skiing with a fantastic view of the descent from the Alpspitze.
After the descent from the Stuibenhütte and a short driveway with the Bernadein lift, the second part of the descent follows the ski slopes of the Garmisch Classic area back to the starting point.
A beautiful day - the winter ascent of the landmark of Garmisch-Partenkirchen - is now coming to an end.
Variants in the ascent:
1. Ascent via the Schöngänge (easy via ferrata) to the Oberkar, on to the eastern shoulder and over the east ridge to the summit.
2. Ascent via the Alpspitzferrata (via ferrata through the north face).
Here are the skis, except for a short approach, constantly attached to the backpack.
- Duration: 1 day
- Meeting point: 08:15 am at the Alpspitzbahn in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Minimum number of participants: 3 persons (max 5 persons per guide)
- Additional costs: 20 Euro for ascent with the Osterfelderbahn and ascent with Bernadeinlift
- Included services: Organization and guided tour by state-certified mountain and ski guide of the Alpine School Garmisch
- Included rental equipment: avalanche transceiver equipment
- Technique: Safe skiing in steep terrain up to 40 ° (bottleneck), sure-footedness, no fear of heights
- Condition: condition for 3-4 hours ascent, 2000hm descent, (1000hm in terrain)
- Other: A drive depends on the current avalanche situation
- Recommended equipment:
- complete ski tour equipment incl. avalanche transceiver equipment
- Ski Helmet
- crampons (can be borrowed for free if necessary)
- ice axe (can be borrowed for free if necessary)
- Country: Germany / Bavaria