The Imster via ferrata follows breathtaking pieces of ridge, walls, edges and ribs. On 800 meters of climbing there are a lot of adventures and exposed climbing points. The deep view is enormous and also the view at the summit of the surrounding mountains is wonderful, which reaches up to well-known peaks such as the Ortler.
On this day we meet in the morning at the parking lot of the Imster Bergbahnen. By train we shorten the first part of the ascent and then comfortably follow a mountain hiking trail for 2 hours to the entrance of the via ferrata. Once there, we put on our safety equipment consisting of helmet, climbing harness and via ferrata set and start with the marvellous exposed climbing. After a few meters, the first laboriously spot of a rock pillar is waiting for us.
The route continues in a challenging way, along the edge followed by an airy hangel crossing. In the upper part, the key point is waiting for us with the via ferrata rating D, which demands a lot of arm strength. After this strenuous stretch, the wall recedes and easier terrain leads us to the summit.
During a snack we enjoy the tremendous view and treat our arms to rest. Then we follow the path first over wire rope insured places, then over a rubble cart back to the mountain railway. As a small highlight at the end, the last 500Hm can be overcome with the Alpine Coaster, a modern summer toboggan run.
information about the tour:
- duration: approx. 8 hours
- meeting point: ticket office of the Imster Bergbahnen
- max number of participants per mountain guide: 4 persons
- cable cars: Imster Bergbahn, current prices at: https://www.imster-bergbahnen.at/
- accommodation/meals: -
- train rides: -
- other admissions: possibly costs for Alpine Coaster in descent
- services included: guided by a mountain and ski guide
- rental equipment included: climbing equipment
requirements for participants:
- under 18 years only with the consent of the parent or guardian
- technique: via ferrata experience in via ferrata of difficulty B/C
- other: "a little arm strength"
- category B, B/C or C mountain boots over the ankle
- mountain clothing
- little snack / Drinks
- country: Austria
Write the first review for this item and help others make a purchase decision!
There are no reviews yet.