The Wildspitze is the highest mountain in North Tyrol. With a heigth of 3,770 metres, it is also the second highest mountain in Austria. Experience with us the impressive summit panorama over the wide glacier basins of the Pitztal. Enjoyment and concentration til the end. In good conditions we can cross from the firny north summit to the rocky south summit (with summit cross).
We meet at the parking lot of the Pitztaler Glescherbahn. After equipment check we hike to the accommodationof the day, which is the Taschachhaus. The path leads us to the training base at 2,434 meters.
We leave early tohike tot he the summit, after weh ad an invigorating breakfast. We follow the small path to the Taschachferner. There we rope ourselves and put on the crampons. On the further ascent, past Petersenspitz and Brochkogel north face, we admire the glacier world. At the upper Taschachferner we reach the breakfast place, from here we go in easy climbing to the summit.
information about the course
- duration: 2 days
- meeting point: 12:00 Parking Pitztaler Glescherbahn
- bases/huts: Taschachhaus
- cable cars: -
- accommodation/meals: overnight stay + half board at the Taschachhaus about 75€
- train rides: -
- other admissions:
- services included:guided by a mountain and ski guide
- rental equipment: crampons, ice axes, helmet, harness
requirements for participants:
- condition: good condition for climbs up to 1300hm and descent up to 2200hm per day
- technique: sure-footedness, a head for heights
- miscellaneous: -
- each participant receives an equipment checklist in advance
- country: Austria