Alpinists get everything theiy expact on the Wettersteingrat. The border ridge with a length of more than 6 km separates the Werdenfelser Land and the Leutasch valley in Austria. Partly brittle rock, exposed ridge climbs and the length make this ridge a very demanding ascent. But we are rewarded with silence and impressive views. Full concentration and a high degree of endurance are required because the difficulties are spread over the entire length.
Day 1: Meeting point is the Elmau hiking car park. After a welcome and the equipment check, we ascent over the Schachen to the Meilerhütte (2366 meters). We spend the night there.
Day 2: We leave early after a small breakfast. Shortly after marching off, the Wettersteingrat demands full concentration. Musterstein, Wettersteinkopf, Wettersteinwand, Rotplattenspitz and finally the Obere Wettersteinspitz are crossed. The descent from the Obere Wettersteinspitz takes place over the Gamsanger to the Ferchensee.
Information about the tour:
- duration: 1.5 days
- meeting point: Elmau hiking car park
- number of participants: 1 participant per mountain guide
- extra cost:
- accommodation/meals: dormitory from 9.00 euros + half board approx. 35.00 euros
- other: if nessecary Mittenwald - Elmau taxi ride
- services included: guided tour by state-certified mountain and ski guides
- requirements for the participants:
- fitness level: 10-12 hours of walking and climbing in alpine terrain
- technique: secure walking in difficult terrain, no fear of heights
- other: experience in climbing and on ridges
- recommended equipment:
- mountain boots for climbing
- weatherproof clothing
- light backpack + climbing harness + climbing helmet etc.
- hut sleeping bag
- country: Germany